Spinach and Artichoke Salad with Couscous
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh Mint, chopped
- 5 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup(s) couscous
- 1 whole(s) Garlice Clove
- 1/4 cup(s) Parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chick peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 8 ounce(s) baby spinach
- 14 ounce(s) artichoke bottoms
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ounce(s) crumbled feta
- salt and pepper to flavor
- Make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, sour cream, and mint. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make the couscous cakes:
- Put the couscous and 1 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water to the couscous, cover the bowl with a pan lid or plate, and let sit for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the garlic in a food processor. Add the parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Add the chickpeas and 1 tsp. salt and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. Stir in the chickpea mixture, eggs, and lemon zest until well combined. Press the couscous mixture into a 1/4-cup measure, smooth the top, and invert the measuring cup to release the cake onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining couscous mixture to make 9 cakes.
- Heat 1-1/2 Tbs. of the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering hot. Add 5 of the couscous cakes to the skillet and use a spatula to lightly flatten the cakes so they’re about 3/4 inch thick. Cook, flipping once, until crisp and golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add the remaining 1-1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil to the skillet and cook the remaining cakes the same way.
- Assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, artichokes, and tomatoes with about three-quarters of the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide among 3 large plates. Top each salad with 3 couscous cakes, sprinkle each salad with feta, and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- Serving Suggestions
- Phyllo Chips with Vanilla Ice Cream & Strawberry Mash Dip makes the perfect dessert.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach and Artichoke Salad with Couscous Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads