Spinach and Artichoke Melts
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) (about 5 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 6.7-ounce jar(s) grilled artichoke hearts or marinated artichokes, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and sliced thin (optional)
- 8 slice(s) thick sourdough or tuscan bread
- Butter, for spreading
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Whisk in flour until it makes a paste. Cook over medium-low heat for a minute or two, then pour in milk. Stir and cook one minute, if your paste gets too thick splash in more milk.
- 2. Add cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and pepper. Stir until cheeses are melted. Stir in the greek yogurt until smooth. Chop artichokes and spinach and add to the sauce. Stir to combine. Dip will be thick, just use some muscle and stir in those veggies!
- 3. Heat a skillet (or griddle, etc) oven medium-low heat. Butter the outsides of every bread slice, then spread a good amount (any where from 1-3 tablespoons) of the spinach and artichoke dip on the inside (the non-buttered side) of each slice. If using, top one slice with the sliced grilled chicken. Top off with another slice of bread, buttered-side up. Cook until each side is golden and crisp and cheese is melted, then gently flip and do the same.
- 4. Slice and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note