This recipe was excellent, but I made the following changes: added 1/2 cups of sour cream (I used lite instead of fat free), omitted the second 8 ounce block of fat free cream cheese and added 1/4 teaspoon of ground red pepper.
A go-to appetizer for parties, this spinach and artichoke dip has all the creamy-inside, brown-and-crispy-on-top texture and cheesy taste that makes dips like this appealing, but with less calories and fat.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 46 Minutes
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 216mg
- Calcium: 150mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated and divided (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well-blended. Add 4 ounces (1 cup) mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; stir well. Spoon mixture into a broiler-safe 1 1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 3. Preheat broiler to high (leave dish in oven). Broil dip for 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note