Spinach Alfredo Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 ingredients listed below
- Since I love spinach and I love alfredo, I decided to see if I could create a "company worthy" dish. Let's put it this way, Mom, who's usually kind of picky, scraped her plate until she had every bit of it! Since I love spinach and I love alfredo, I decided to see if I could create a "company worthy" dish. Let's put it this way, Mom, who's usually kind of picky, scraped her plate until she had every bit of it!
- Number of Servings: 4
- 1 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped or minced garlic
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated non-fat milk
- 1 tsp white or black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 package fresh spinach
- 1 tsp corn starch (optional)
- 2 oz shredded romano cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute` about 1 minute.
- Add evaporated milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it cook until reduced so that the milk coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the cleaned, washed and dried spinach to the pan and cover.
- Cook for about a minute with the cover on, then uncover and stir.
- If the sauce seems thin, add 1 tsp of corn starch that you have mixed with a little bit of water, stirring constantly. Cook for a minute more, add the cheese, stir, and pour over you favorite pasta.
- Nutritional Info
- • Servings Per Recipe: 4
- • Amount Per Serving
- • Calories: 185.5
- • Total Fat: 8.2 g
- • Cholesterol: 18.6 mg
- • Sodium: 336.8 mg
- • Total Carbs: 15.4 g
- • Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- • Protein: 14.0 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mamatbear1941 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach Alfredo Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes