Spiked Lemonade Sweet Tea
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Yield: Makes about 8 cups
- 3 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup bourbon or spiced dark rum
- Garnishes: fresh sugarcane, fresh pineapple slices
- 1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- 2. Discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Stir in bourbon or spiced dark rum just before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note