More From Coastal Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- Pan drippings from Molasses-Glazed Turkey
- Melted unsalted butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Pour drippings through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large measuring cup; skim off fat into a separate measuring cup. (Add melted butter to fat to equal 1/2 cup, if necessary.)
- 2. Pour broth into a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup strained pan drippings.
- 3. Heat 1/2 cup reserved fat in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and next 2 ingredients. Cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until golden brown. Whisk in sherry; cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth mixture in a slow, steady stream. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments