Photo: Beth Branch
- 1 batch of vanilla cupcakes
- 1 batch of chocolate frosting
- 1 24 oz package of red fondant
- 1 24 oz package of white fondant
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 black edible ink marker
- 1 set of Spiderman stencils
- Make and bake vanilla cupcakes according to recipe directions. After the cupcakes have cooled, frost with chocolate frosting.
- To make the Spiderman cupcake toppers: First, print the stencils (which can be found here) and cut them out.
- Next roll out the red fondant to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out the oval shapes white a sharp knife and store any extra fondant in a ziptop plastic bag so it won't try out.
- With a black edible ink marker*, draw the spider web design on the red ovals. Make sure to press very lightly with the marker because it is easy to dent the fondant. Set the red ovals aside and let the ink dry.
- Roll out the white fondant and cut out the eyes. To attach the eyes to the Spiderman mask, lightly coat the backs of the eyes with water. Then, place the eyes on the mask. Let the toppers dry completely before placing them on the cupcakes.
*Edible ink markers can be found at most craft stores
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This