Spicy Zucchini Pickles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- j j j
- Spicy Zucchini Pickles
- 1 pound zucchini (or any summer squash)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Trim the ends off zucchini and slice lengthwise into quarters.
- Bring vinegar, water, salt and spices to a boil. Simmer for five minutes, then remove from heat.
- Thoroughly sanitize and rinse the jar you’ll use and keep it filled with hot water until you’re ready to use it.
- Pack the zucchini snugly in the jar. Tuck the garlic cloves in. Pour the hot brine over the squash. Let the jar sit, uncovered, until it has cooled, about an hour. Cover and refrigerate. They should keep for a couple of months, if not longer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amdunnavant and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Zucchini Pickles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks