This is good just as written. Has become a favorite "hummus" recipe for all occasions!
Spicy White Bean Dip
To simplify and for fuller flavor, make several days ahead. You can use no-salt-added beans, but you may wish to increase the seasonings to taste. Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 5 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 1 3/4 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Garnishes: fresh rosemary sprigs and extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add onion. Reduce heat to medium, and sauté until tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more, stirring frequently so garlic doesn't brown. Remove skillet from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- 2. Scrape onion mixture into a blender or food processor. Add beans and remaining ingredients; puree until smooth. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note