This is good just as written. Has become a favorite "hummus" recipe for all occasions!
Spicy White Bean Dip
To simplify and for fuller flavor, make several days ahead. You can use no-salt-added beans, but you may wish to increase the seasonings to taste. Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 5 minutes.
Yield: Makes about 1 3/4 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Garnishes: fresh rosemary sprigs and extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add onion. Reduce heat to medium, and sauté until tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more, stirring frequently so garlic doesn't brown. Remove skillet from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- 2. Scrape onion mixture into a blender or food processor. Add beans and remaining ingredients; puree until smooth. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers