I made this Labor Day weekend and it is so yummy. The flavors together are amazing! I am definitely making this again and again!
Spicy Watermelon Salad
Matthew Lewis, chef and owner of the Where Ya At Matt? food truck in Seattle, makes this side dish in the height of summer, when melons are at their best. The cool, sweet juice of the fruit really hits the spot on a hot day.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 134
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 413mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 white onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 qts. (2 lbs.) cubed watermelon
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeño chile, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 ounces feta or cotija cheese, broken into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1. Heat vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat until boiling. Add onion and cook, turning as needed, until it's pink and most of vinegar is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Spoon onion out of pan, let cool slightly, then roughly chop.
- 2. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add onion and toss just to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads