Spicy Vegetarian Tostadas
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 tostada)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 271
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (16-ounce) can red beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place 1 cup beans in a shallow bowl, and mash with a fork. Place in a medium saucepan; add remaining beans, corn, and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Place tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Spread bean mixture evenly on tortillas. Top with lettuce, chopped tomato, and cheese. Top each with 2 tablespoons yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note