I always want to search for a cooking site where I can find an easy and the world's best recipes, but I discover more than what I'm looking for when I found out this parcel site, http://www.gourmetrecipe.com, I really appreciate this site for it has a lot to offer more than recipes but also is an informative site!
Spicy Vegetables With Penne Pasta
Top cooked penne pasta with jarred hot-and-spicy pasta sauce and fresh garden vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, and chopped sweet onion. This easy pasta dish is a great choice for vegetarians.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26-ounce) jar hot-and-spicy pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Drain, chop, and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Sauté onions and next 5 ingredients in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Stir in pasta sauce, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; stir in basil and salt, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman's Own Fra Diavolo Sauce for hot-and-spicy pasta sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This