Spicy Vegetable Fried Rice
The crushed red pepper adds a hint of heat to this Asian favorite. If you're sensitive to spices, simply omit it.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 9 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 447mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry (such as Birds Eye)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (8.8-ounce) pouches microwaveable cooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Ready Rice)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- 1. Combine broccoli stir-fry and edamame in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until thawed; set aside.
- 2. While vegetables thaw, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add egg substitute; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until scrambled. Remove from pan. Wipe pan with paper towels.
- 3. Heat sesame oil in pan over medium-high heat; add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in vegetables and rice; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in soy sauce and reserved egg. Garnish with sesame seeds and onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note