Made this for New Year's Day.....we used andoullie sausage and left out the cayenne. Absolutely wonderful!! Served it as a side dish to pulled pork and hush puppies. The only thing I will do next time is saute some onion with the sausage. It was a hit!
Spicy Turkey Sausage With Black-Eyed Peas and Spinach
Time: 20 minutes. This one-pan dinner is a fast way to satisfy a hungry family on a chilly day. Feel free to substitute any type of sausage you prefer.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 348
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 1740mg
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 10 ounce baby spinach
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate, then add remaining ingredients to pan and simmer about 10 minutes. Return sausage to pan and serve over cooked rice if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note