Very nice, moist meatloaf. But not very spicy. I used 1 tablespoon Sriracha but will increase when I make this again as I could hardly taste it.
Spicy Turkey Meat Loaf with Ketchup Topping
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Turkey replaces beef in this meat loaf recipe, making it a healthier version of the traditional comfort food. The result is moist, flavorful, and a hit with our reviewers.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine mushroom mixture, panko, and next 8 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl; stir well to combine. Shape turkey mixture into a 9 x 5–inch rectangle on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and nutmeg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over top of meat loaf; bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This