Spicy Tuna-Mango Skewers
These skewers make a tasty appetizer course, allowing 2 to 3 skewers per person on small plates. Feel free to grill the skewers—about 1 minute per side over medium-high heat—instead of broiling.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Broil: 3 Minutes
Total: 41 Minutes
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 pound fresh tuna, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside 2 tablespoons. Add tuna to remaining marinade, stirring gently to mix. Cover tuna mixture, and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- 2. Soak bamboo skewers in cold water at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat broiler, and place top rack about 4 inches below element. Thread tuna and mango cubes onto skewers. Arrange skewers on a rimmed baking sheet, and brush with marinade.
- 4. Broil 2 minutes. Turn skewers, and broil 1 to 2 more minutes or until tuna reaches medium, with just a bit of pink remaining at the centers. Arrange skewers on plates; drizzle evenly with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers