Spicy Tomato Sauce With Ground Chuck
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can Spanish-style tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. Cook ground chuck in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain; return to pan.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in saucepan over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in Italian Seasoning Mix, and cook 1 minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes or slightly thickened. Stir in salt and honey.
- Note: We tested with Goya Tomato Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments