Spicy Tomato Sauce With Cajun Smoked Sausage
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound sliced Cajun smoked sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can Spanish-style tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. Cook sausage in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Drain; return to pan.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in saucepan over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in Italian Seasoning Mix, and cook 1 minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes or slightly thickened. Stir in salt and honey.
- Note: We tested with Conecuh Cajun Smoked Sausage and Goya Tomato Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note