Spicy Tomato Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bulb(s) samll onion minced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) ripe black olives coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 can(s) 28 oz tomatoes crushed
- in a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.When Almost smoking , add the onion and garlic, and saute for three minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the olives, capers and one-half teaspoon of salt, and red pepper flakes and saute for one minute. Add the tomatoes and reduce heat to simmer and cook until reduced about 20 minutes. Season the sauce with more salt to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Tomato Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes