Spicy Tofu and Soybean Stir-fry
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstrach
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen shelled soybeans, thawed (see notes), or 2 1/4 cups refrigerated cooked shelled soybeans.
- 12 ounces firm tofu, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1. Rinse and drain tofu. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and pat dry with paper towels then cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2. In a 1-cup glass measure, mix broth, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstrach, and chili flakes until smooth.
- 3. Set a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat. When hot, add 1 teaspoon oil and the soybeans, stir until beans are hot and their skins are slightly blistered, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
- 4. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, the ginger, and garlic to pan; stir just until garlic begins to brown about 15 seconds. Add tofu to pan and stir occasionally until tofu is hot and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Return beans to pan. Stir broth mixture and add to pan; stir until sauce boils and thickens. Add salt to taste. Pour into a serving dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This