- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstrach
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen shelled soybeans, thawed (see notes), or 2 1/4 cups refrigerated cooked shelled soybeans.
- 12 ounces firm tofu, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- calories 332
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 194 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Rinse and drain tofu. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and pat dry with paper towels then cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
In a 1-cup glass measure, mix broth, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstrach, and chili flakes until smooth.
Set a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat. When hot, add 1 teaspoon oil and the soybeans, stir until beans are hot and their skins are slightly blistered, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, the ginger, and garlic to pan; stir just until garlic begins to brown about 15 seconds. Add tofu to pan and stir occasionally until tofu is hot and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Return beans to pan. Stir broth mixture and add to pan; stir until sauce boils and thickens. Add salt to taste. Pour into a serving dish.