Quick and easy to make. Extremely delicious.
Spicy Tilapia and Fennel Stew
Arrabbiata, a spicy sauce of garlic, tomato, and chile pepper, forms the base for this stew. You can substitute cod or shrimp for the tilapia. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 213
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 552mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 large fennel bulb with stalks
- Cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups bottled arrabbiata sauce (such as Rao's)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Trim tough outer leaves from fennel; mince feathery fronds to measure 2 tablespoons. Remove and discard the stalks. Cut fennel bulb in half lengthwise; discard core. Thinly slice fennel bulb. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sliced fennel; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 4 minutes or until fennel is crisp-tender. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add arrabbiata sauce, 1/2 cup water, and clam juice to pan; simmer 5 minutes. Add tilapia to pan; cover and simmer 4 minutes or until done. Divide stew among 4 bowls, and sprinkle evenly with the reserved fennel fronds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note