Spicy Thyme and Garlic Oil
Pour the oil into a decorative glass bottle, then package it with a fresh baguette, a small dipping bowl for the oil, and some colorful napkins in a beautiful basket for a memorable gift. Be careful not to let the oil temperature rise above 220°; too much heat could ruin the flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 119
- Calories from fat: 100%
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 (4-inch) thyme sprig
- Combine all ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until thermometer registers 200°. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes (do not allow temperature to rise above 220°). Cool to room temperature.
- Strain oil mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Store in the refrigerator.
- Note: Store in the refrigerator in a glass container for up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note