I have cooked these many times and every time I get raves! I love the sweet and spicy of the tuna. Awesome combination! (I use Bumble Bee). I serve them with a cole slaw with vinegar instead of mayo and it helps to cool down the heat from the cakes!
Spicy Thai Tuna Cakes with Cucumber Aïoli
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 413mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 3 (5-ounce) cans Thai chili-flavored tuna (such as Bumble Bee), drained
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide tuna mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan and patties with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 3. While patties cook, combine cucumber and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Serve with tuna cakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This