Spicy Thai Tofu
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 slices tofu, 3/4 cup rice, and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Stand: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 49.3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 707mg
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- Wrap tofu block in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels, pat tofu dry, and cut lengthwise into 8 slices.
- Combine hoisin sauce and next 5 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu slices; cook 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add hoisin sauce mixture to pan. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return tofu to pan; cook 30 seconds. Serve with brown rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note