- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- calories 355
- fat 10.5 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- protein 15.2 g
- carbohydrate 49.3 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 707 mg
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fiber 3.4 g
- calcium 97 mg
How to Make It
Wrap tofu block in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels, pat tofu dry, and cut lengthwise into 8 slices.
Combine hoisin sauce and next 5 ingredients; set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu slices; cook 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Add hoisin sauce mixture to pan. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return tofu to pan; cook 30 seconds. Serve with brown rice.