I've made this a couple of times and my friends really like it. Sometimes I substitute shrimp because it's easier and less expensive than lobster. I've also tried it with regular curry powder instead of the making the spice mix. Still good.
Spicy Thai Lobster Soup
- 2 lobster tails, cooked*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian Blend
- 4 cups fish or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 thai or bird chile, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro, lime wedge
- Remove lobster meat from shell; slice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in Asian Blend; saute 1 minute. Add broth and lime rind; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in lobster, green onion, chile, and cilantro; cook 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice. Garnish, if desired.
- *3/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp may be substituted for lobster.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews