Delicious sauce, great veggies, colorful, easy.
Spicy Thai Chicken Kabobs
Stir up a superfast peanut sauce, and marinate the chicken before you head out for the day. The remaining ingredients can be quickly put together when you get home from work.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Soak: 30 Minutes
Grill: 16 Minutes
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 32 fresh snow peas
- 16 basil leaves
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients and 1/2 cup water in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; reserve 3/4 cup. Add chicken to dish, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken, onions, and next 4 ingredients alternately onto wooden skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
- 4. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill, and baste with reserved 3/4 cup marinade.
- Spicy Thai Pork Kabobs: Substitute 1 (1.5-lb.) package pork tenderloin, trimmed, for chicken. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note