Spicy Tex-Mex Chicken Cobbler
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can BUSH'S Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can ROTEL Diced Tomatoes and Onions with Lime Juice and Cilantro
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon MORTON Iodized Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups BISQUICK Original All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sour cream
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Combine baking mix, egg, and milk in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro; pour over simmering chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in topping comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Sprinkle avocado slices with lime juice, and arrange over cobbler. Serve with sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note