- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and onions with lime juice and cilantro
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sour cream
How to Make It
Sauté onion in hot oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
Combine baking mix, egg, and milk in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro; pour over simmering chicken mixture.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in topping comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Sprinkle avocado slices with lime juice, and arrange over cobbler. Serve with sour cream.