Colorful, flavorful and healthy, this Spicy-Sweet Slaw recipe is a great side dish for summer barbeques or alongside weeknight meals.
More From Health
- Calories: 59
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 217mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 4 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 1/4 cups red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips (1 pepper)
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut scallions
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw, red bell pepper, scallions, and grape tomatoes together. Set aside.
- 2. Combine the horseradish and next four ingredients (through salt) in a small jar and shake until blended. Remove the lid and add the canola oil. Shake again. Or whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 3. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat vegetables. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This