- 14 slices center-cut bacon, cut in half (do not use thick-cut bacon)
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 28 large shrimp
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375 °.
Arrange bacon in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° until partially cooked, but still flexible, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
While bacon cooks, combine sugar, red pepper, paprika, and salt in a shallow dish with, stirring with a fork until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Wrap each shrimp in 1 half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Roll bacon wrapped shrimp in brown sugar mixture; return to the same parchment paper-lined sheet pan used for cooking bacon. Repeat with remaining shrimp and bacon. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.