This recipe was delicious and extremely easy. My husband couldn't wait to eat the leftovers!!
Spicy Sweet-and-Sour Pork
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie Clark
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 582mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered green onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Place almonds on a baking sheet; bake at 400° for 4 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- 3. While almonds cook, combine pork, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce; toss well to coat. Drain pineapple in a sieve over a bowl, reserving juice. Combine juice, remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through Sriracha), stirring with a whisk.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 1 cup onion, ginger, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in pineapple and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with almonds and green onions.
- Coconut rice: Combine 1 cup uncooked basmati rice, 1 1/4 cups water, 1/2 cup light coconut milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 16 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note