- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 5 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 2 x 1/2–inch-thick pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile paste
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced onion
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced fresh pineapple
- calories 132
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 12.7 g
- carbohydrate 12.2 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 304 mg
- calcium 26 mg
How to Make It
Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl. Add chicken; stir well to coat. Set aside.
Combine chicken broth, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, brown sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, chile paste, and sesame oil.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, bell peppers, and green onions to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil in pan. Add chicken mixture to pan, and spread in an even layer; cook, without stirring, 1 minute. Sauté an additional 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
Return vegetable mixture to pan. Add soy sauce mixture and pineapple, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.