Spicy Stuffed Peppers
More From Southern Living
Broil: 6 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 8 Anaheim peppers, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (15-oz.) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- 1. Remove and discard seeds and membranes from 2 peppers. Chop peppers.
- 2. Broil remaining 6 peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered. Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes. Cut peppers lengthwise down 1 side, leaving other side intact; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Keep peppers warm.
- 3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, and sauté 1 minute. (Do not brown.) Stir in chopped peppers, tomatoes, and 1/2 tsp. salt; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Spoon mixture evenly into cavity of each broiled pepper. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note