I felt like the vegetables in the wrap needed to be mixed in a dressing of there own. The meat was spicy, but everything else, bland.
Spicy Steak Lettuce Wraps
Spicy Steak Lettuce Wraps give traditional lettuce wraps a kick in the tastebuds with the addition of zesty spiced steak.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 (12-ounce) sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated shallots
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (chile paste)
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cooking spray
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut English cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Place steak in freezer 15 minutes. Remove from freezer; cut across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine sugar and next 6 ingredients (through oil) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake. Remove 3 tablespoons marinade, and set aside. Add steak to marinade in bag; seal and shake. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- 2. Divide steak evenly among lettuce leaves. Top each leaf with 4 teaspoons cucumber, 4 teaspoons onion, 4 teaspoons carrot, and 2 teaspoons cilantro; drizzle with reserved 3 tablespoons marinade.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This