- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margerine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
How to Make It
Drain chopped spinach well. Gently press spinach between layers of paper towels. Set spinach aside.
Drain artichoke hearts, discarding liquid, cut in half.
Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté until tender. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in diced tomato and green chiles with liquid, cook, stirring constantly 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in spinach, artichoke, garlic salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake casserole at 350º for 30 minutes.