Spicy Southwest Seared Scallops
If you are low on these spices, save a little money and buy a Southwestern spice blend. It gives your food a kick and can even be found in no-salt varieties.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 763mg
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 63mg
- 2 pounds sea scallops (about 40 scallops)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- Drain scallops well; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine coriander and next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge scallops in spice mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Add 1/2 of scallops; sear 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and scallops. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes