- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) soba noodles*
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.), peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons harissa* or your favorite hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- calories 706
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- protein 33 g
- fat 24 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- carbohydrate 96 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 2444 mg
- cholesterol 143 mg
How to Make It
Cook soba according to package instructions. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold running water until noodles are cold. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. canola oil, tossing to coat so noodles don't clump together.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbsp. canola oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook just until pink and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Whisk together harissa, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until just warmed through, about 2 minutes.
Transfer drained noodles to pan of shrimp and toss with dressing. Divide among 4 bowls, then top with radishes, green onions, and sesame seeds.
*Find soba noodles and harissa at well-stocked grocery stores.