Made this without chicken and added lots of veggies - broccoli, red bell peppers, onions, snow peas, edamame.
Spicy Soba Noodles with Chicken in Peanut Sauce
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 43.4g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 477mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 5 cups cooked soba (about 10 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Shave carrot lengthwise into thin strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Combine 1/3 cup broth, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, honey, pepper, and garlic; stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan; add 1 2/3 cups broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes. Drain; cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Combine carrot, peanut sauce, chicken, and noodles in a large bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note