Spicy Smoked Pecans with Bacon Salt
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hickory-flavored bacon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed chipotle chile
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked serrano chile powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Add pecans, tossing to coat. Add spice mixture, tossing to coat.
- 2. Spread nut mixture in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, and break pecans apart. Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
We tested with J & D's hickory-flavored bacon salt and crushed chipotle chile and smoked serrano chile powder from Williams-Sonoma.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This