Yield: 12 cups
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 medium cabbage, finely shredded (about 3 pounds)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Place mustard seeds and celery seeds in a mortar. Using a pestle, grind until coarse; set aside.
- Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine seed mixture, red bell pepper, and next 6 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor running, slowly pour oil through chute. Add sour cream; pulse until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cabbage and carrot, tossing well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Slaw Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salad Dressings, Salads, Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, Mexican
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes for Salad Dressings