- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 medium cabbage, finely shredded (about 3 pounds)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
How to Make It
Place mustard seeds and celery seeds in a mortar. Using a pestle, grind until coarse; set aside.
Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl; set aside.
Combine seed mixture, red bell pepper, and next 6 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor running, slowly pour oil through chute. Add sour cream; pulse until smooth.
Pour mixture over cabbage and carrot, tossing well. Cover and chill 1 hour.