I've been in the food prep business for over 10 years. I've used this recipe many, many times! I make 1 1/2 X's the spice blend and when I've cooked it for 200 people I broiled it in the oven. Incredible and a customer favorite.
Spicy Skillet Fish
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (about 2 tablespoons chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds catfish, grouper, or flounder fillets (about 6 fillets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fresh lemon or lime wedges (optional)
- Process first 9 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Spread 2 teaspoons spice mixture evenly over both sides of each fillet. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Cook fish, in batches, in hot vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with fresh lemon or lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note