I've been in the food prep business for over 10 years. I've used this recipe many, many times! I make 1 1/2 X's the spice blend and when I've cooked it for 200 people I broiled it in the oven. Incredible and a customer favorite.
Spicy Skillet Fish
For a different variation, prepare this recipe as directed, and make fish soft tacos with warmed flour or corn tortillas. Drizzle with fresh lime juice, and serve with your favorite rice.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (about 2 tablespoons chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds catfish, grouper, or flounder fillets (about 6 fillets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fresh lemon or lime wedges (optional)
- Process first 9 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Spread 2 teaspoons spice mixture evenly over both sides of each fillet. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Cook fish, in batches, in hot vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with fresh lemon or lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note