- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (about 2 tablespoons chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds catfish, grouper, or flounder fillets (about 6 fillets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fresh lemon or lime wedges (optional)
How to Make It
Process first 9 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped.
Spread 2 teaspoons spice mixture evenly over both sides of each fillet. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Cook fish, in batches, in hot vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with fresh lemon or lime wedges, if desired.