Spicy Sirloin Steak with Chipotle Sauce
Serve the steak with polenta or Creamy Spinach Mashed Potatoes, to soak up the spicy chipotle sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon canned adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over steak.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan, and keep warm.
- 3. Combine 3/4 cup broth and next 3 ingredients; add to pan, and cook 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 4. Combine flour and remaining 1/4 cup broth, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with chipotle sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note