- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon canned adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- calories 192
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fat 7.8 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- protein 23.3 g
- carbohydrate 6.2 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 42 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 374 mg
- calcium 27 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over steak.
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan, and keep warm.
Combine 3/4 cup broth and next 3 ingredients; add to pan, and cook 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Combine flour and remaining 1/4 cup broth, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with chipotle sauce.