- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (2 x 1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (about 2 ounces)
- 6 cups cooked udon noodles (thick, round fresh Japanese wheat noodles) or spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- Cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- calories 372
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 3.3 g
- polyfat 3.6 g
- protein 31.3 g
- carbohydrate 39.3 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- iron 5.3 mg
- sodium 470 mg
- calcium 93 mg
How to Make It
Starting at the tail end, butterfly each shrimp, cutting to, but not through, outside of shrimp. Set aside.
Combine lime rind and next 5 ingredients (lime rind through chili oil); stir well. Combine 1/3 cup marinade with shrimp in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and marinate shrimp in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/3 cup marinade, bell pepper, and next 4 ingredients (bell pepper through noodles) in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Combine shrimp with pasta mixture, and toss gently. Sprinkle each serving with nuts. Serve warm or chilled.