Spicy Shrimp with Spinach and Walnuts
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 151mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 pound unpeeled large fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Peel, devein, and butterfly shrimp. Combine shrimp, 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry, and gingerroot. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 to 45 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry, cornstarch, chicken broth, soy sauce, and vinegar; stir well. Add ketchup and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add walnuts, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove walnuts from wok, and set aside.
- Drizzle peanut oil around top of wok, coating sides. Add spinach to wok; stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Add garlic to wok; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add sweet red pepper and 2 tablespoons water; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp mixture and green onions; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture; stir-fry until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Spoon over spinach, and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note