- 1 pound unpeeled large fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- calories 206
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 6.6 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 23.8 g
- carbohydrate 12.4 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 151 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 405 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Peel, devein, and butterfly shrimp. Combine shrimp, 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry, and gingerroot. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 to 45 minutes.
Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry, cornstarch, chicken broth, soy sauce, and vinegar; stir well. Add ketchup and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add walnuts, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove walnuts from wok, and set aside.
Drizzle peanut oil around top of wok, coating sides. Add spinach to wok; stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
Add garlic to wok; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add sweet red pepper and 2 tablespoons water; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp mixture and green onions; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture; stir-fry until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Spoon over spinach, and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.